Join the Downtown Associates with a unique event – the Downtown Scarecrow Contest! Help add some fall / Halloween fun to historic downtown Chillicothe by entering in the 1st Annual Downtown Scarecrow Contest.
We hope that this event will bring the community and families together by working on building their scarecrows and by strolling through downtown to enjoy all the creatively designed scarecrows that will be on display.
Entry Fee: $10.00 (to help with prizes)
• Scarecrows may be made from any materials of the contestant’s choice. (Please keep in mind that the scarecrow will be displayed outdoors and should be designed to withstand the autumn weather).
• Scarecrows should be designed to stand upright and will be secured to nearby features (trees, lamp poles, etc.) that are approved.
• Contestants shall provide the materials necessary to display the scarecrow to the feature.
• All scarecrows should be appropriate for public viewing. No adult, political or excessive “gory” themes. All scarecrows should be in good taste.
• Registration is open now through October 7, 2016.
• Committee will provide contestants their scarecrow’s setup location following the closure of the entry/registration period.
• Set up date is Saturday, October 15, 2016
• Scarecrows will be displayed from October 15, 2016 through October 31, 2016.
• Public voting will open following setup and will continue to be open until October 27. 2016.
• Winners will be announced on October 28, 2016.
• A winner in each category will be announced and given a prize.
• Categories include: Individual, Business, Organization and Club
• Scarecrows can be removed starting October 31, 2016 at 5:00pm and all scarecrows must be removed by contestants by 5:00pm on November 1, 2016.
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE SCARECROW
Voting is open until Thursday, October 27, 2016. Winners will be announced on Friday, October 28, 2016. Voting will take place on the Downtown Associates’ Facebook Page in the Scarecrow Contest Album. Make sure to share and encourage family and friends to like your scarecrow!